President of Ministers' and Deacon Wives' Guild-Mother Florence Maye
Honoring Mother Florence Maye at 2010 Convocation
Proverbs 6:6-9 -"Go to the ant thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? When wilt thou arise out of thy sleep"
We the ministers’ and deacons’ wives of the Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith, Inc., conscious of our heritage and mindful of our responsibility firstly to God, to our husbands and their varying ministries, to our families, to Christ’s Church, and to our generations yet unborn, herewith prayerfully set forth and establish this Constitution of the National (International) Ministers’ and Deacons’ Wives’ Guild, and Amendments thereto, according to the powers and authority granted us by the Legislative Body of the Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith, Inc.
These Articles and Amendments were duly ratified and accepted at the 53rd National Convention of the Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith, Inc., August 1972.
Motto – “Remember the words I spoke unto you while I was yet with you and ADD THOU TO IT”. Bishop Robert C. Lawson
We believe that the vision for the Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith, Inc. was given to our establishmentarian, Bishop Robert C. Lawson and that the responsibility of our current leaders and those who shall follow them are as follows:
- To perpetuate the vision that our founding Apostle perceived by transmitting it from generation to generation, in written and oral form;’
- To move with all haste toward the realization of every known aspect of that vision’
- To redeem and to restore any and all portions of that vision which have been temporarily lost, or which since death, fallen into a state of disrepair; and
In the name of, and under the direction of, Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to add to that vision.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To address itself to one or more areas of the National (International) work, which at any given time, is sorely in need of help over and above that which is being received (through previously established National auxiliaries).
- To address itself to meeting the psychological needs of wives of ministers and deacons that are not adequately meet through instructions for wives of laymen.
The uniform of the International Ministers’ and Deacons’ Wives Guild is:
- Navy Blue Suit
- White blouse (long or three-quarter sleeves)
- Navy Shoes
- Navy Hat
History | Membership | Scholarship | MDWG Awards